Cracking and sagging, impossible to lift, and generally falling apart - these are just some of the common signs that will tell you itâ€™s time to replace your garage door with a new one. However, there are a few people who, in spite of the absence of any of these, still go for a replacement garage door. Why they do so? Here are the top 5 reasons why garage door should be replaced.
1. Increase the value and improve the appearance of your home. Have you ever noticed that the garage door represents to 1/3 of the front of your home? If you have, then you will know exactly what a new stylish and maintenance-free garage door can do for the value of your home. Believe it or not, even real estate agents will confirm that when you decide to sell your home in the future, it will be easier to do so if its garage door looks good. Moreover, new garage door also boost the overall appearance of your home. Simply choose from a wide variety of garage door styles, colours, and windows to match the look of your home and voila â€ your home will look even better in no time.
2. Increase your garageâ€™s uses. Although some homeowners use their garage barely for parking their vehicles, there are many who decide to utilize it beyond such purpose. Thatâ€™s why they use an insulated garage door between R-12 & R-18 to make it a more conducive place to work in. With such condition, the garage can now be used as art studio, workshop, playroom, special party room, heated storage room, and even a music room.
3. Provide added protection to the items stored in the garage. Extreme cold and heat can damage the items stored in your garage. To prevent this from happening, you need to replace your old garage door with an insulated one. This often comes with a thermo barrier, preventing heat and cold from traveling from the outside to the inside surface. Combine this with a double fin rubber seal, bottom rubber weather strip, and PVC weather strip and youâ€™ve got one of the tightest sealing garage doors ever. But aside from elements, a metal insulated garage door also protects your stored items from thieves who are trying to break in. Unlike wooden or metal non-insulated door, the metal insulated one is more difficult to kick in and drill.
4. Avoid easy access to your home. Chances are your home can still be easily accessed even if you have the toughest front door installed, but your garage door is just the ordinary type. So to prevent this from happening, have a garage door opener that features rolling code technology. This makes it really difficult for anyone to enter through the garage door as the opener uses one of 100-billion new codes every time the door is opened.
5. Reduce the risk of injury. If youâ€™re still using your old garage door openers, perhaps youâ€™ll consider replacing them with the ones equipped with photo electric eyes. These are now mandatory since they sense when something is passing through the opening or is in the way when the door is coming down, preventing an injury.
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
Not yet Rated